Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Response #3

The first thing that I found was Aunt Ethel's interesting choice of breakfast and dinner. She always seems to have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. For example on page 58 she says, "While your doing that" she said, "I'll start our dinner. We're having oatmeal pancakes with applesauce." Then on page 60 Josh encounters his first ghost, then on page 63 he describes the ghost in great detail. I gasped. He must be a ghost! How else could he float through the wall that way? All his talk of learning to read to read after he died made sense, if he was a ghost. I stared at my visitor. I'd always thought ghosts were delicate, transparent beings that a living person could see through, but this man was as solid as a tree stump. If I had not seen him go fom outside to the tree house like magic, I would of never have suspected he wasn’t a flesh and blood person.

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to post several responses for the week or is this your "Response #3"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghosts name is willie but I didn't know that at the time.

    ReplyDelete