Sunday, May 22, 2011

Response #4

I think that this would definetely be the perfect retirement plan. "Each X brought him one day closer to the happiest moment of his life: the time when he would walk out of the Hillside Bank forever, retrieve the money, and start his new life in Florida. He would spend every day fishing in the sunshine and would never again-not once-sit behind a desk in a bank". pg.108
But this man didn't work for that retirement plan listen to this quote. "By now, he'd nearly forgotten that the money didn't really belong to him, that he'd taken it a gunpoint from two terrified bank customers as they approached the night deposit box. He had erased from his memory the fact that the entire community had been outraged by the theft of the Cash for Critters proceeds". pg. 109
Now as Josh is digging out the buried leg of his ghost friend Willie this is how he describes the experience. "All I knew for sure was that I held part of Willie's leg in my hand. I didn't bother to brush off the dirt that clung to the large bone. I laid the bone on the towel and stuck my hands back into the hole.
Nervous sweat soaked my shirt. If anyone had sneaked up behind me and whispered, "Boo," I would have fainted and toppled headfirst into the open grave."

No comments:

Post a Comment